Monday, June 16, 2008

Vintage Girl Gets Vintage Quilt

We had a lovely weekend celebrating both my birthday and Father's Day. On Friday, we drove to Sutter Creek in California's Gold Country and drove to Ironstone Vineyards for a Sheryl Crow concert. The concert was beyond wonderful and Greyhair will probably be blogging about it today with pictures here. On Saturday, we trolled around the area and did some wine-tasting and antique shopping. I wandered into a shop called The Victorian Closet and was bowled over by the huge number of antique quilts.

I spotted at least a half dozen that I'd like to have brought home, but alas, I didn't want to take out a second mortgage on the house.... I did find this lovely baby quilt made in double pink and browns and it came home with me. Sweet. I'll give you a little eye candy of some of her other quilts, so have a great day!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog could be more exciting if you can create another topic that everyone can relate on.

floribunda said...

I think this blog is plenty exciting the way it is!!

Anonymous said...

please, if the topics on a blog don't interest you, you should not be so rude and give a comment like that.... everybody can blog about what they like and if it doesn't fit your interest than please go and find another blog that does fit your needs... I love reading this blog keep up this great work!
hugs from the Netherlands
Winda aka Dutch Quilter

Ms. Jan said...

Thanks for the good words,Ladies. I've had 2 comments like this lately and I think it is a robot because they both came from some kind of lottery site that looks like a scam. It is a small price to pay for the convenience of not having word verification, so we'll just have to =)live with it. No worries. -

Anonymous said...

Wow, she has lots of fabulous quilts! How did you decide which one to buy? Love the double pink baby quilt :-)

Kathy B

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms Jan, I love the photo's of the antique quilts and reading your blog site.Happy birthday and glad you had a lovely weekend with DH. Also, I am a Sheryl Crow fan. Warmest Regards Lyn

*karendianne. said...

Oh Jan, these quilts are so yummy!!! Thank you for sharing. Naturally I'm giggly since you mention pinks and browns and I've been working with those colors as you know. Cosmic, ha? Funny.

Think Pink with Love, *karendianne. who wants to visit this place when she comes home to visit the Parents next go around.