Monday, June 09, 2008

Spring Fling


Spring has flung, and summer is definitely here at La Dolce Vita. I finally finished my Spring Fling Round Robin and got it in the mail to the recipient.

In my 35 years of quilting, I've only had two or three quilts where the corners of the binding gave me fits and this was one of them. Not my best work, but I just could not make them behave and I had to know when to say "finished is better than perfect." I love how this turned out with the bright colors and all of the ladies at guild who saw me hand quilting it on Thursday loved it too.

Something new for me was free quilting without a frame ala Tonya. I did mark the designs or use masking tape--I'm not as brave as she is yet. I enjoyed the freedom, but will need to learn to endure having a thimble on my pushing finger because baby, it is one sore puppy today!

As always, I love this type of project for the learning experience it provides, forcing me out of my comfort zone and making me grow as a quilter.

2 comments:

Beertje Zonn said...

What a lovely quilT.
Kind regards

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
From the Netherlands

*karendianne. said...

Jan, Jan, JAN!!! I love this. Its so totally not what you'd normally see me jump out of my skin for but I am, I am! I totally love the bright happy colors and maybe its knowing the little bit of pain too?

Oh I'm so baaadddd!!!!

Shamefully Yours, *karendianne.