Thursday was Sew-A-Row transition day and as the "Organizer" (I use the term loosely), I didn't feel that I could be a slacker and not transition mine. Well, I could, but it certainly would look bad, wouldn't it?
At left is a darling embroidery done by a guild member. I'd printed out some sewing notions from EQ6 to applique, but just didn't get to it, so I corralled my bright sewing-themed fabrics and made some nine patches on point. This project got derailed when someone signed up for round 2 and then turned it in undone, so hopefully we will get it caught up before December.
The project at the right started with Sandy's "Boo," a block she did for this year after its smashing success last year. Linda added the somewhat sinister cats and I added the spider webs and spiders to the barn. You can't really tell from this picture, but the spider's legs are three dimensional. Using the same floss, I split the strands and braided them with knots at the end.
Also in the pipeline is my Spring Fling Round Robin. Due date for mailing was yesterday, and I missed that too because I'm hand quilting and that is taking some time. That project will be in the mail on Monday, and then I'm swearing off swaps for a while. I've accomplished exactly zero on my own projects this year.
Tomorrow and Sunday is Wine Country Quilts, the annual show put on by the Moonlight Quilters of Sonoma County. If you are near Sonoma County think about coming over for the show, it is ALWAYS a great show with great vendors!
The Perils of Bias Binding
3 hours ago