Sunday, April 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Sarah!!


Today is the first 29th birthday of my beloved stepdaughter Sarah. She is pictured here with her Dad sometime during her first week of life in San Jose, California.

Sarah moved with her family to Visalia just about the same time we did and for a while was even in the same daycare as my children Kate and Daniel.

Sometime in 7th or 8th grade, Sarah met my daughter Kate and they became fast friends. From then on, Sarah became a fixture in my house and Kate spent equal time with her at her Dad's and her Mom's homes.

Fast forward a few years and I started dating her Dad. She not only tolerated the situation, she helped create it!!











At right, my girls in High School.

Sarah works in Berkeley at a garment manufacturer who has employed her since her senior year at Cal. She is a wonderful young woman and as I like to remind her, "I loved you before I had to." I have many happy memories of the girls hanging out and giggling their heads off. I can make it happen at any time by putting on a movie like "Hot Shots." Sweet memories.

So, to the 2nd daughter I wanted, but didn't get to give birth to, you didn't grow under my heart but in it. I love you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

4 comments:

SuBee said...

What a terrific story. When it's meant to be, it will be. Congratulations to you both!

Susan said...

That is just the sweetest post, Jan. In the picture where she's a little girl, she even looks a little like your little girl pics!

Angela said...

Precious!

Granny said...

Oh, how sweet!