Wednesday, April 18, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

Well Toto, I had a wonderful time with my little boys and my darling daughter, but it was time to get in the balloon and go back with the Wizard to Santa Rosa.

Baby Alex is the sweetest thing and spent most of his first week in someone's arms, either Mom's or Nana's or his other grandmother on her visits or his great-grandma. Is there anything better than the smell of a baby's head? MMMMMMM

Big bro Benj and I had a marvelous time together, even though the weather didn't permit us to spend much time outside, he helped me unload the dishwasher and do what seemed like 500 loads of laundry. I'd forgotten how much wash young children generate! Benj's verbal skills grow daily and we were surprised to see how much they had advanced during the week and a half since our previous visit.

Last night, just before he went to bed, Benj called me and told me that he loved me. He may never know the half of it--how I feel about him.

Thanks for the memories little guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww... too sweet :-)

Even though you had a good visit, I'm sure you're happy to be home.

Alex is a beautiful baby - love the photo of you holding him.

Becky

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Your boys are just precious. B is at that wonderful age and is becoming a whole lot more fun. He'll be a great big brother!

Kathy B

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

You nailed it: They may never know how we feel about them until they are in our positions. Glad you had such a wunnerful time.

SuBee said...

Oh, life is good! A darlin' young fella to love you, and a sweet little puddle of baby to hold. That's happiness!

(I got your siggie block yesterday - so pretty! Thanks for playing along!)