Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire


Or, Oops, I did it again....

I was so delighted with my finished top from last year's Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery Block of the Month that I jumped in and joined in for this year. I was a couple of months behind, but no worries, I got all three of the first blocks and finishing kit today. The project uses the Moda Glace collection and is just yummy.

The Fat Quarter Shop is a great place for many things, and they are very generous with the fabrics they send. I have never run short on one of their kits unless I was the one who messed things up. That said, it is always a very dangerous place, so watch your credit cards when you visit...things could get expensive.

Of course, dangerous places abound and Northern California and Southern Oregon are no exception. We took a short road trip because we needed to get away before the grapes are ready for the wine-making to begin in a few weeks. I found a few goodies, most notably, an out-of-print fabric to use on a Robot quilt for Alex. It is the same print as the large focus fabric in Benjamin's, but the background is navy instead of light blue. Yippee!!!!! This print was released in 2003 and Kate got the tail end of it in 2006, so I am lucky, lucky, lucky!



2 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I joined again, too, and VOW to get the first 3 blocks (which came last week) done before the next one arrives. Gorgeous fabrics. Let's prod each other to stay on schedule, eh?

Angie said...

That fabric is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the blocks as it progresses.