One of the real treasures in the box was a catalog of quilt patterns available by mail order. I've only begun to examine this lovely little book, but a cursory exam revealed something peculiar and terrifying...... and that would be a pattern for an appliqued rat. A RAT. I ask you, who, in their right mind would applique a rat on a quilt? (Insert ex-husband jokes here.....)
Some possible quilt themes:
- A quilt for the 650th anniversary of the black death
- Sinking sailboats with rats deserting same
- Delightful addition to childs ABC quilt
- "Friendship" block for the guild troublemaker
- Sofa pillow for the kitty
I can't even think about it because I hate rodents so much.
How would you use a rat block?