Sunday, August 10, 2008

No Sew Weekend

Saturdays are so busy and during the summer our weather is so beautiful that we don't spend a lot of time indoors, so not much sewing gets done. This was one of those weekends.

I have another block almost finished on the Halloween applique and will post tomorrow. That leaves one block to prepare while I'm dodging the finishing of the skeleton. Sooner or later, it will catch up with me...

Here is a picture of the blocks I made in the Pepper Cory workshop at Quilt Festival a couple of weeks ago. The solid block fabric is the one Pepper loved so I gave her a fat quarter. I'm liking how this looks so far, very scrappy and sweet.


3 comments:

Lyn said...

Hi Ms Jan, I love the colours you have used in the quilt for the workshop at the Quilt Festival.Look forward to seeing the finished quilt. Warmest Regards Lyn

Teresa said...

Pepper Cory was at our guild recently and I missed the meeting, doggoneit. You gotta love a scrappy quilt and yours is making up very nicely.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It does look great, Jan! I think Pepper Cory is an excellent teacher, I learned a LOT from her and keep referring to a few things she said in a lecture when I "plan" my scrappy creations.