Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another Block of the Month

Last spring I signed up for a Block of the Month at one of my favorite online shops The Fat Quarter Shop. If you've never been there, go. Now. You will spend money, I guarantee it. Of course if you are in a no-fabric-buying-mode you can always just look, but don't drool on your keyboard, it makes them cranky.

Anyhoo, Kim started a BOM Designers Mystery using the Peace On Earth line by 3 Sisters for Moda, which I just love. The mystery blocks started arriving in June and I got a little behind what with all the travelling in July, so I decided to start catching up today with Block One, a modification of an old one-patch type quilt I've always known as Kansas Dugout, near and dear to me because I hand pieced one for my second baby, Daniel born in 1980. The block went together well and had impeccable pressing instructions that would have enabled me to match my corners perfectly had I followed them. The story of my life--can't follow directions!

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I saw this one on line, it's great Jan! I have the same problem sometimes, even though I'm an oldest child! Ha!!

julia said...

Hi, just a day I started wondering if nobody shows her dmbom blocks they're all popping up in blogland. Yours is very vell done - I'm still a beginner and it took me ages to piece this block and it's still far from being perfect ;o)
Today the August block arrived and I'm thrilled to start on it soon...
So far the first block is my favourite - but then, who could resist polka dots on two different fabrics - I simply love the peace on earth collection, can't get enough from it ;o)
Cheers, Julia
P.S.: I've a giveaway running til Friday...perhaps you'd like to visit me