Sunday, December 07, 2008

Nothing New Here

Since the kids left, I've been getting my decorating done and a wee bit of quilting. I have done a whole lot of work on my other love, the garden. I decided that I needed to flip my compost heap before the rains came and sogged it up and made it too heavy to sift and turn. (Because in spite of the season to date, we will be getting the rain we need.)

We compost all of our yard prunings, grass clippings and leaves except the thorny stems of bougainvillea and roses as well as all of our vegetable kitchen waste. Since I watched a video from The Slow Cook's blog, I'm going to add my dryer lint too. Twice a year, our compost pile yields a considerable amount of black gold. When added to my flower beds and container vegetable garden. Wednesday was a beautiful day, cool and foggy and the perfect weather for playing with my compost.



1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Oh now THIS is cool. I love gardening and just looking at this soothes my spirit.

The Earth! What a great way to start the day.