Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Quilty Fun

It is Saturday evening and the weather is kicking up. We're expected to get a couple of inches of rain from this storm, so I've been tidying up my sewing table (again!) and getting some things straightened up.

One of the gals in my guild has a contact in the Ukraine and periodically collects things for quilters there. I went through my stash and picked out a few large pieces totalling about 20 yards and have that set aside for her upcoming shipment. I also have about 20 sets of 4 inch squares from Benartex's "Mr. B's Preview Pack" a number of years ago, the predecessor of todays charm packs. I kept 2 packs, one Civil War and one 30's, but put the rest in the bag to send. The mantra is....I have so much, and so many have so little....

I also pressed a flimsy I that I'd put borders on at mini-group on Tuesday and I actually made the binding and put it with the top and backing on a hanger in the closet.....amazing!

I have 2 of the 2008 Sew-a-Row projects up on the design wall, one is on schedule and one was given to me early.

The hearts row (above) is quite large and I think I'm going to do some appliqued letters spelling LOVE under the row of hearts.

The project at right was given to me by the amazing Linda who is in my mini-group (Snooze-You-Lose) and was done well ahead of the April 1st deadline. Linda is an amazingly creative person and added the cats in the barn to the Boo row. Sandy made the Boo, a duplicate of one she did last year because the Halloween rows fill up so fast. My plan is to continue the scary barn theme and add spider webs with bright colored spiders hanging from the beam below the cats. These cats remind me of the "We are Siamese if you please" cats from Walt Disney's "Lad and the Tramp," and are just too cute.

Fun, fun, fun.

1 comment:

SuBee said...

OMG - the deadline is April 1st and she's already done????? And not only done, but how cool is that?? - she needs to write patterns, it's fantastic. I can't wait to see your spiderwebs.
So far this "big storm" is a bit of a bust, at least up here.