Sunday, October 14, 2007

'Tweener Time

PIQF is over and was great fun with my pals Kathy and Becky. We had a wonderful time together as always and we managed to leave a few happy vendors in our wake.

Becky and I took an awesome class from Sue Nickels on drawing freehand feathers and we were both surprised by how much our feathers improved in just three hours of class-time. On the downside, I managed to delete every single picture I took at the show on my new camera. No excuses since this one is exactly like my old one....D'oh.

We are leaving a week from today for a week on the East Coast. After two days in Bangor, Maine, we will drive back to Boston to pick Sarah and Kristin up at Logan Airport for five days in Salem, Massachusetts. (Right before Halloween!!!) I can't wait!

Also, having finished my "Banned Books Week" selection, The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (also a cross-read for the Book Awards Reading Challenge), I've decided to tackle a sister challenge, The Pulitzer Project.

To follow are the Pulitzer Prize winning books I've already read:
2006 - March (Geraldine Brooks)
2005 - Gilead (Marilynme Robinson)
2003 - Middlesex (Jeffrey Eugenides)
2002 - Empire Falls (Richard Russo)
1992 - A Thousand Acres (Jane Smiley)
1989 - Breathing Lessons (Anne Tyler)
1986 - Lonesome Dove (Larry McMurtry)
1983 - The Color Purple (Alice Walker)
1953 - Old Man and the Sea (Ernest Hemingway)
1940 - The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck)
1937 - Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
1932 - The Good Earth (Pearl S. Buck)

Well, that 12 of the 81, leaving 69 to go. Thankfully, there is no time limit on this one.

Time to go hit the books. I need to finish Cold Mountain so I can get going on Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.



7 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

deleted all your pics? ooooh noooo. very frustrating. glad you had a great time though - sounds wonderful. Enjoy your next trip!

Sherry said...

Salem at Halloweeen! cool! travel safe!

Nicole said...

I missed PIQF this year! Can't believe it, but it's true. Glad you enjoyed it though. Have a safe trip to the East Coast.

Juliann in WA said...

That is quite the reading list. Have a great trip. Sounds lovely.

Karrin Hurd said...

Wish I could have joined you for PIQF. It sounds like a you had a lot of fun.

BTW: You have been tagged for this MeMe: see my blog at
http://karrinscrazyworld.blogspot.com

Susan said...

We haven't figured out how we missed you at the show. =(

Did you see the site with the pics posted by Mancuso? Maybe some of your favorites are there?

Have fun on the east coast!

~Niki~ said...

Just swung by your blog thru Q4P. :) Love your blog :) Niki