Monday, May 18, 2009

Back to Quilting

It has been a busy week with my MIL and FIL arriving on Mother's Day and staying through Thursday, and after a day's respite, my stepdaughter Sarah and friend Eddie arrived for another evening of celebration of hubby's birthday. Needless to say, we collapsed last night and will continue to do so today!

Two years ago, I participated in a round robin inspired by May Britt's group and we finished our projects just after the first of the year. We were so pleased by the results that we decided to play again this year. We had a few dropouts and added a few new faces, some gals I "knew" from other mini-quilt round robins or swaps. You can see them all by following the link on the sidebar for Round Robin Bloggers. I decided to have a soft "Be My Valentine" theme this year and present now, my starting block. Quite a switch from the last one, isn't it? The initials are for Jan Brackett (my maiden name) and Mike Andrews. Should be a cutie when finished because the gals in this swap are very, very creative. You won't be seeing it again until I get it back as a finished quiltlet in about 15 months because we've decided to keep the progress a secret again. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

By golly, that's sweet! Can't wait to see your finished project with that nice romantic heart in the one corner and all that halloween stuff everywhere else!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Well that's just the cutest Valentine ever!

*karendianne. said...

How sweet! But 15 months of a secret? Not that I'm complaining but boy, you're really holding out on us! :) Much Love, *karendianne who I reckon really is complaining but I don't mean it.