Sunday, May 03, 2009

And Yet More Applique

I'm also working on Bunny Hill Designs (Anne Sutton) FREE Block of the Month and am now caught up!

At right is the block for February.

I just happened to have a yard of a great Nancy Halvorsen background for all of these blocks and the rest have come from the old scrap bin. The blocks are great because they use up tiny snippets of fabrics. Stash diving is such fun!

The second block is for March and features a couple of buttons from my Mom's old button box.

Finally, the April block is the chocolate bunny and I just love him. I'm not happy with the cheapie ribbon on the chick's neck and will be searching for something better.










7 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Wow, they're wunnerful! I thought about doing this BOM and decided to pass. Now feeling some regret....

Word Verification: exproust, which is someone no longer remembers things past but still digs the madelines....

Diane Perin said...

Oh, Jan -- these are adorable! If I were inclined to do applique (which I'm not :-) ) I'd do these! Can't wait to see how the whole thing turns out!

Moira said...

Love the blocks Jan! Almost makes me wish I had been saving the patterns..........

Moira

Mary Johnson said...

These are just the cutest baskets! Great job!

*karendianne. said...

Oh, what lovely, lovely, adorable work!!!

Anonymous said...

Jan,
You are the queen of applique :-) Lovely blocks!
Kathy B

julieQ said...

All your blocks are so cute!! I must, must get cracking on these!