Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Thats Our Boy!


My stepson Scott (I hesitate to use the prefix as "step" connotes so many negative things--none of which apply in our lives) has begun blogging. The young man is a born writer and has always had a killer sense of humor and an eye for the ridiculous in the everyday.

While many his age are busy in the titillating world of My Space.com (as he may well be in his spare time for all I know), Scott is tackling the Seattle Department of Transportation on behalf of the people. The unwitting political activist--we knew there had to be one among our four children, we just didn't know which one.

I became a member of Scott's fan club very early on in my relationship with his father. I was at my sweetie's house after work one day lifting weights and premenstrual and not a happy chick. Scott came in and started talking to (or at) me and practicing his golf swing on the astroturf by the weight machine. Unfortunately, water had spilled on the astroturf and each swing was pelting me with miniscule drops of water. He chattered on and on and I was soon ready to kill him, but at the same time I was mesmerized by his wit. How could I not fall in love with him, too?

Long story made short, go check out his blog, Pottis, Inc. and you will not be disappointed--the kid is hilarious!

No comments: