Monday, November 03, 2008

Sew-A-Row Season


Well, it's that time of year again, and the Sew-A-Rows are rolling in. Here are a few that I just photographed that were late (and two of them were mine!), along with the starter rows.

This project was started by Pat and finished by me (top row). Pat donated some lovely Hmong reverse applique bands to go with her squares and though I was able to use a long piece, there is still one more for the other end if desired.








Pat also contributed these lovely pieces of Southeast Asian cross stitch and Veline, Marguerite, Diana and I all added other bits of imported textiles from Guatemala and South America.

Finally, Joyce started this Christmas fabric Log Cabin and was joined by Earlene, Elizabeth, Genie and Meri Kay to make this darling Christmas wallhanging. The embroidery on the lower set of birds is done by hand and this picture does not do justice to this piece.

As always, my fellow guild members continue to amaze me with their creativity. The Sew-A-Rows will be starting a bit later this year so I can hopefully get some really creative starter rows without the pressure of getting them turned in before the holidays. They better look out because I'm going to start bugging them this week.

Stay tuned for more pictures!



No comments: