Friday, September 26, 2008

Gettin' Down to the Carpals, Tarsals and Phalanges


And the metatarsals and metacarpals and let us not forget the ribs, incisors and canines. In other words, the skeleton is the last man standing as it were. I finished the embellishments on the shoe full of candy last night and did a few more ribs and metatarsals (toes).

Here's a sneak peek at the skeleton so far. I need to re-size the lower tombstone and make it a bit smaller before I can applique it down. The cauldron needs some embellishment and instead of the plain bubbles I'm using the new Clover yo-yo maker to make 3/4" yo-yos. (yes, we are missing a phalange on one foot and need to cut another)

Also on deck are some quick panel baby quilts backed in flannel for baby girls born in the San Joaquin Valley during August. Babies in that region don't need their quilts right away if born in the summer, but time is coming soon when they will. Daughter Kate's friends keep this Nana very busy!


6 comments:

Teresa said...

I think this is one of the cutest Halloween theme quilts I have seen yet - very nice. I like your Vote 2008 blocks too. Maybe you should make one with a big "?" on it as I am still so undecided, and so many others are too.

Elaine Adair said...

You clever girl you! Skeleton is wonderful but I am especially 'take' with the (almost floral) arrangement in the shoe! How clever your are!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Love the Halloween quilts the skeleton is going to be fabulous.

Nicole said...

You are putting me in the mood to get out my Halloween quilts. I can't believe I haven't done it yet!

*karendianne. said...

Too cute!!!

Pati said...

I found these patterns at a quilt shop in Ocala today when I went to pick up Spencer. This is definately on the TODO list!