Friday, March 07, 2008

I Asked For It


I've been working away on the last block from my Verna Mosquera BOM, Happy Hauntings--the Owl and the Pussycat and wondering what they would send me this month. The applique has been so pleasurable and I was hoping for something to keep me busy.

Well, I got it. The skeleton and cauldron blocks came yesterday and the skeleton alone has over 100 pieces to applique, some the size of a pencil eraser! I love this block and when I'm done, the quilt will be 2/3 complete! I'm thinking this block will keep me busy for a few days. I've traced off all the skeleton pieces, and I put the pattern up on the design wall. The skeleton has got to be as big as my grandson Benjamin!

Not much quilting will take place this weekend, but stay tuned.

4 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, it's going to be terrific!

n, np

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish for :-)))
Pencil eraser size pieces? EGADS!

Kathy B

Jo Raines said...

This is such a cute pattern! I love Halloween and ironically, was just packing away some Halloween fabric in the process of excavating in my nasty basement where our family of five has evidently stood at various times either at the top of the stairs throwing things down or in the middle throwing things around!

Mar said...

Hi, thought I would tell you that a couple of my friends and I are doing this and we used ultra suede for the skeleton. My friend finished hers and it looks fabulous. You don't have to turn ultra suede and it needles like butter with no stitches showing.