Saturday, January 19, 2008

Fifteen Things

Nicole at Sister's Choice started it all started it all with her post Mess, Mess Who's Got the Biggest Mess and I just know I'm the winner!

Nicole posted a photo of her so-called messy sewing table and challenged us to show ours and list fifteen things "I Spy" style, so here goes:

  1. 1. Rowenta iron
  2. 2. Stack of CD's to get rid of
  3. 3. Magic sizing
  4. 4. Holly Jolly fabric for Christmas quilts for Benj and Alex
  5. Manual for the laptop I gave Kate last month.
  6. Birthday present for my stepmother Irene pink "Golfing Girl" cosmetic bag
  7. Jellyroll of 1930's fabrics
  8. My new EZ Dresden ruler
  9. Ziploc of more Holly Jolly lattice and blocks for boys quilts
  10. Cutting mat--duh, this is my cutting table
  11. Stack of blue/green/brown Amy Butler type half yards from Road to CA last year
  12. Water bottle to fill iron
  13. Embroidery hoops
  14. Square in a Square (tm) ruler
  15. Ironing pad
The area is just a bit tidier today because I'm trying to get some of my wayward fabrics filed away in their proper places. Since I sort my FQs and small pieces by color (except for batiks and reproductions), it is just that--filing.

My dear hubby has to close his eyes when he walks by the area, which is daily as we share a loft/family room area upstairs and his computer is here too. We call it the Center of the Known Universe because this is where we have fun quilting, blogging, keeping up on politics and whatnot.

The guild had a workshop with Nancy Brenan Daniel yesterday. Nancy is the creator of the famous Disappearing Nine Patch and boy did we learn a lot from her. More on that, with pictures tomorrow.


6 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Wowie! You know what I love? I love those little blocks that spell 'msjan quilts' - THAT is neat!

I'm so glad you shared.

Juliann in WA said...

That quilting area is just screaming - someone creative works here!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I can't believe how universal the cutting table photos are, each and every quilter I know subscribes to the same flat-surface-theory of piling up all the fixin's for 'someday' quilts. I'm eager to see your workshop photos.

Nicole said...

Oh Jan, you are right, you have a gigantic mess there.

Darlene said...

It's a mess but I'll bet you have a ton of fun. :-)

Nettie said...

Ah, a woman after my own heart! I could not even begin to catalogue, much less photograph my current sewing table mess, but it's nice to see i'm not the only one...:-)