Sunday, January 14, 2007

Quilt Update


I've got two dogs and two cats completely embroidered for the quilt and all of the bows embroidered in the various colors. I just have five more dogs and four more cats to do.

I also got all of the pieces cut to take to Becky's this week so I can get as far as possible with the piecing. Since all embroidery is not finished, I'll only be able to go so far on that, but all of the other blocks will get done.

I pulled out my entire stash of 30's reproductions, pictured below, and was able to cut out the 52 pieces for the corners of the embroidery squares and the 96 pieces (8 per block X 12 blocks) for the pieced blocks without duplicating any fabrics and using mostly conversationals! That probably isn't something to be brag about, but I do love these sweet, colorful fabrics. I have a fabric that I just love for the border, in blue with bunnies that have red bows, but since puppies and kitties are the focus of the whole thing, I'll probably be on the lookout for something really perfect at Road to California next weekend.

I'm not sure about computer access, I may or may not take my laptop, so see ya in a week!

7 comments:

Patti said...

Have a wonderful time! Love those 30's prints - they are a perfect compliment to the embroidery.

Tazzie said...

Gosh Jan, your stitches are so neat and perfect, it looks just wonderful. Aren't 30's prints just the best! This is going to be one gorgeous quilt!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Jenni said...

The embroidery is something nice and different, and then the 30's prints - it will be lovely. I have a heap of them too but haven't really used any of them - oh the shame...

Susan said...

Oh, yes, I think you should brag about a 30s stash like that! The blocks are coming along pretty fast, for being all hand done. You do such nice stem/outline stitch, and I should know. =)

Unknown said...

Jan, I just love your embroidery on this quilt! You give a completely different look from mine...I cannot wait to see yours done!

Angela said...

This will be precious. I love to do embroidery!

Samantha said...

this looks like it will be such a sweet, pretty quilt!