Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Goals and Resolutions

Quilt-wise that is.

For January:

  • Finish machine quilting Benjamin's robot quilt
  • Piece the top for Alexander's baby quilt
  • Make myself 2 of the "Widdle Biddy" blocks that I didn't do last year
That is probably enough. I finished quilting the basic anchoring grid on the robot quilt yesterday. It is a "Just Can't Cut It" that daughter Kate made for her son and I'm the quilter. She found the cutest robot fabrics and mixed in few others and this quilt is darling. She's doing his big-boy room in a space theme and he already has the glow-in-the-dard stars on the ceiling. She found him a battery operated nighlight moon that hangs on the wall and is operated with a remote. The thing goes through the phases of the moon and he absolutely loves it because it has three of his favorite things.....moon, button, light.

The new Fons and Porter magazine supplied the pattern I needed to finally get going with Alex's quilt. It is the "dot" quilt and instead of dots in the snowball blocks, I'm either going to embroider nursery rhymes or applique '30's gingham dogs and calico cats. The piecing is easy, so I'll have plenty of time to applique.

Finally, Nancy, NP and I swapped the infernal 4 1/2 in 1930's sampler blocks for the last 2 years and I cut many of mine out, but didn't piece them. This month I will catch up on 2 of them!

No comments: