Thursday, November 17, 2005

We "Must" Press On


Sunday we pressed our final batch of must for Vintage 2005, Cabernet Sauvignon from the Caldwell Ranch. As a good Italian girl, I immersed myself in the task (as you can see from my rather spotty shirt). Since my darling won't let me stomp the grapes with my dainty, but stumpy feet, this will have to suffice! We also gave the Merlot it's first racking and it now sits outside in the cold stabilization area (the shady side of the house).

The wine fermentation chamber has been reduced to it's former status as a powder room, though the carboys with the pressed wine are still there finishing fermenting in the jugs. Nothing but the highest of tech at Chateau Andrews.

I've been quilting away on friendship blocks for guild and will turn two of them in today. Pictures later.

No comments: