Sunday, January 08, 2012

A Few Finishes in 2011

 While 2011 was consumed by a lot of quilt guild activities, I did manage a couple of finishes for some very-much-desired new babies.  This quilt was made from a pattern I found on Moda Bake Shop and is for the baby daughter of my my son-in-law's cousin.  She was born in December 2010.  The adorable boys in the picture are, of course, Benjamin and Alex.

The second finish was made by my friend Kathy B. and I for the new granddaughter of our late friend Sand B.  Sandy passed away in 2005,  shortly after her oldest daughter, then 40 got married for the first time.  Six years later, a baby arrived, and we know that Sandy would have been over-the-moon happy, so we had to make a quilt for this welcome addition.  Since Kathy and I inherited much of Sandy's collection of 1930's reproductions, we decided to use some of them in our quilt for her granddaughter.
 
There was a third finish, but I seem to have neglected to snap a picture of it.  The third quilt was for a special baby girl who was given a middle name that my daughter and I share--Aileen.  Her mother became a friend of my daughter in grad school and we consider her a part of our extended clan.

I plan for many more finishes in 2012, and may actually touch my sewing machine today.  I have 12 pillowcases prepped to sew up for the troops in Afghanistan.  Broadway Quilts in Sonoma is collecting them for the hospitals in lieu of paper pillowcases.  I think it's a great way to get reunited with my sweet Bernina, don't you?


1 comment:

Jenni said...

Nice quilts, and finished too! I look at my little 30s quilt made by you often Jan - it's very cute.